Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In L-O-V-E

I am smitten. Twitterpated. Head over heels in love-

with my washer and dryer. They WORK!!! They are HUGE- I can wash nearly twice as much a load as I could with the old set...And with the amount of laundry the Mud Monkees create... this is a VERY GOOD thing.

Enough about my love...I just wish the rest of the chores around here were so pleasant. Or I didn't have to do them.

Sure... Like THAT is going to happen!

It has been an odd week around here. Besides my new love moving in, Grandma has been taking the Big 'uns out golfing. That leaves me at home with the 3 shortest (loudest) ones. I just about don't know what to do with myself!

It is beyond strange to go to town, and start to talk to a child who isn't even there. The head count seems weird, I never had 3 kids (well, for more than 9 minutes anyway!) and I keep looking around for "the other ones."

I don't know how many times I went to show the girls a shirt, and then realize they were with grandma... or ask Billy to go grab something, and feel like a total dork when I notice that I am just talking to myself. JJ even thinks I am weird. And he's 3. What does THAT say?!

The Big 'uns seem to be doing pretty well- the eldset 2 have had lessons before, and seem to have the hang of it. Bill has pretty much always been able to drive farther than me, and Ken is doing it now too. It is just an ego killer to know that the 7 year olds can... and the 5 year old is better than they are. (Don't tell them I said so though, that wouldn't go over very well with the dynamic duo!)

It is pretty amazing to watch them, especially when they don't know that they are under observation. The serious ones are not who you'd expect, and it is scary to know that the girls already have their flirt on.

Oh, Big Brother... you have your work cut out for you!!

It's nice they get to go out and play, and practice... but I kinda miss having them all around. Even though they drive me nuts. Maybe because they drive me nuts.

Tomorrow is their last class, and then all the little monkees will be back- them complaining about not having anything to do, and me whining that I wish they'd just do something other than pick on each other.

Ahh, summer living... back to "normal!!"

No comments: