Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Disturbance in the force~

Something is off. Can't put my finger on it.

But the result is the same. People 'round here are grumpy, and short. I mean we are short most of the time anyway- and grumpy happens... but it's just tweaked a bit more than normal.

I don't know it it's the weather, or if the moon is in the opposing quadrant, or if the last red Popsicle was broken ... but what ever it is I hope it corrects its self. IN. A. HURRY.

We all survived the 4th- no body is missing a finger or has singed eyebrows. Partially because we live in a crappy time where we are shut out of a lot of the things we used to take for granted. No fireworks this year. Again. The land of the Free... with a bunch of restrictions.

ITS JUST A SPARKLER, for goodness sake!

That might be part of MY personal grumpy....

We got a LOVERLY new couch- and have spent a lot of time curled up on there with books, in front of the fans... most of us fit on it ALL at the same time even!! Still sorting out WHO has the best spot, and arguing about who stole whoms' place, and the legal wranglings of Dibs, and I Called It.

That could explain even more of the grumpies.

The Birthdays are coming up... maybe I am confusing anxiety with grumpy. I don't know but it is sucking the ever loving life out of me. Seriously, how long am I supposed to be on "cheer everyone else up" mode before I decide to bag it and pull out the industrial sized roll of duct tape?!

And then there is this. I just realized that we have been here, in this house, for 4 years now. I think that is the longest time any of us has ever lived in any one place... other than Mom and Pops... Maybe we are all a bit restless?? Stir crazy. Tired of waiting for "it" to happen. Like summer school. Like Real College. Like a project. Like a Change.

Harumph. and UGH.

There is a disturbance in the force... and I'd really like it to mellow. Just a Tad.

No comments: