Monday, September 13, 2010

New Era

Today the last of my monkees started her first day of public pre-school. I am the only person I know to have kids in each one of the five public schools in town. I think there should be some sort of prize for that... like free brownies, or a tummy tuck.

Dressed in her new finery-BRIGHT school bus yellow skirt and shirt- that totally matched her yellow, cut out girl name tag. Sporting her very first hair cut (5 cm trim of the ends of that mullet shjes been wearing since she firt sprouted hairs!!) It was a good day. Buttercup was even chosen to be line-leader- the teacher figured she had so many siblings that she would probably know just what to do, and how to do it. The teacher was right- she did.

I admit I was a little bit lost trying to figure out what to do with a morning to myself- it was oddly quiet...but checking my watch every 5 minutes or so just to make sure I wouldn't be late to pick her up- kept me pretty busy!

I can't believe they are all in school- and I am finally OUT of school.

Crazy how time flies.

No comments: