Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday

Another training day at work- and another weekend with the kids running havoc on the house while I am there. They did attempt to do the chores I left for them... to a certain "kids definition" of clean.

A work in progress, so to speak.

I did get my first "good" paycheck- the one where I am an RN- and was supposed to help me feel like the last 2 years of homework and stress were actually worth something... and they didn't change my payrate like they were supposed to. Opening up a much anticipated (and now totally needed) check for 1/3 the amount you are expecting- makes you want to shrivel up.

Now I am terrified to look at the bank account- knowing it was ravaged to begin with- being the grown up is not all its cracked up to be.

At least I HAVE a job, I HAVE an education, and I HAVE hope for being able to take control of this financially "interesting" situation.

It still stings though, when I hear about people planning vacations, or home remodels, or talking about their new cars. Thats not going to be me- for a long time. I just wish I could give the kids more-

No comments: