Thursday, April 5, 2007

A Good Day

Today, we are about 2/3 the way through Spring Break. Needless to say, my schedule has been shot, repeatedly, so we are offically 'winging it.' So far, so good:) Today is also my anniversary. 4 years ago, a remarkable man joined our family. Not many MEN would want to join up with a single mom raising 5 little ones. He did. He didn't have to- but we are all better off because he did. He has given me so many things, in these short years together, that I never thought (hoped, expected, longed for, or dreamed) of. Faith in people, hope, trust, love, friendship- a partner. I am a very lucky woman. Just so you don't think I am completely sappy, I will admit it hasn't been easy. Not in the slightest- but then again, if it were easy, everyone could do it. Not everyone can. A lot has changed. I went to school. We added 2 more duckies to the family. Jobs have come and go. Bills, stress, family issues, LIFE. Somehow we seem to make it work. A lot has stayed the same. We still love each other. And back each other, support each other (in our own way :) WE are still here. WE are a family. Somedays 4 years (or 5 1/2) seem like a lifetime, other days it seems like just yesterday. Crazy how time can play with our memories~ Not everyone gets a second chance. I did. I am SO proud, honored, pleased, happy, blessed, over joyed, and lucky to have him in my life. Even on April 1st. Love you honey~~

No comments: