Friday, March 11, 2011

Smursday~

Back in nursing school there was a joke about needing an extra day of the week to get everything. Smushed somewhere between Wednesday and Thursday- Smursday was born.

Smursdays were sacred. They were brief moments in time where Onion Rings were calorie free... Festive beverages were consumed (or in my case discussed with abandon)... and the ranting, venting, whining, gossiping... anything NON school related- was fair game.

I honestly think my sanity was retained by these amazing women. We vary in ages, backgrounds, numbers of children, and practically everything else- but share that 2 year experience that changed us all.

We have tried to get together at least once a month since we graduated- its hard, but important, I think.

We have supported each other through amazing situations and circumstances- I for one dont think I would have tried to work things out in my marriage as long as I did with out them... I know I wouldn't have had the strength to end it with out there constant support either. They were there for me, and I hope I have been the same to them as well.

Thanks for the lunch ladies~ I love you, and can't wait til next time.

No comments: